Saturday, August 10, 2013

And so it begins...

I am typing this while drinking my almost green smoothie! Almost, because I had to add a little chocolate powder to it to make it taste better!

As I officially start tomorrow, today is a trial run, plus shopping day.

I bought a new pair of gym pants yesterday and some bras, which I will test today by going for a run. If they don't fall down while I am running, then I shall buy some more!

Anyway, first things first. My almost green smoothie.

1 frozen banana
1 cup almond milk
2 teaspoons wheat germ
2 teaspoons vital greens powder (basically all the good green veges in powder form)
2 teaspoons benefibre (as an added measure, though I'll be getting plenty of fibre on this diet so that will eventually go)

and LASTLY, because I wasn't a big fan of the taste of this with honey, or with vanilla extract, I added

2 teaspoons of cadbury drinking chocolate, I know, it's not ideal, BUT I will be investing in some high quality chocolate protein powder when I get paid, so that will replace the drinking chocolate (which will be thrown out, or given away).

Yummy!

I have a huuuuuge 'to do' list today, which, if you knew me, wouldn't surprise you at all. I like to be busy and I like to get stuff done.

It's so refreshing to be 100% honest about everything. From my before photos, to my weight, to every single ingredient in what I eat.

For so long I've been so ashamed that I can't tell anyone what I weigh, I substitute ingredients in what I've eaten to sound less bad and I have avoided doing any form of clothes shopping with anyone.

Not anymore, I have embraced the fact that I need larger clothes. For now. I am not even exactly sure what size I am.

My pants range from size 16 - 20, and my tops range from 16 - 24(when I really want a baggy, loose fitting singlet, which I always do for the gym).

With all this honesty, I have decided to finally tell my best friend how much I weigh, seeing as she is part of my support system and will be joining the gym with me.

Anyway, I am off to go for a run (and by run I mean walking, jogging, walking , jogging, walking) to test my new gym pants.

I am starting my 5 day free pass to my new gym of choice tomorrow, I will write all about it when I get home.

Tata for now! x

No comments: