Monday, August 5, 2013

Research Headaches!

So it's been 2 days since I made the decision to start PT sessions or bootcamp of some kind.

There's not a lot of trainers in my area who I don't know(and I don't really want to train with one I know).

And honestly? The only PT in my area I didn't know was a tiny, skinny little thing who looked like she'd never had a bloated day in her life. Note to future self: When you lose all your excess fat, and you are personal training again, use your before and after shot to help show people you KNOW what it's like.

After much research I have decided to join a gym that offers 6am bootcamp sessions as part of it's group fitness timetable. What a great Idea! This particular gym has just changed into a 24 hour gym as well, and to top it all off, it's in a location I feel quite safe being in at night time.

I have asked my best friend to join me and she has agreed. Although she will only be joining for 3 months, and I will be going for 6 months, I feel that this is enough time to get me back into the swing of things and shift some fat off my body.

Once I hit that 95kg mark, I think I will gain back a little of my gym-savvy confidence. Walking into the free-weights section like I own the place and all! I lost this confidence a while back and it has been the main reason I have avoided the gym, which turns into a vicious cycle of eating badly and not exercising.

I am hoping by that stage I will be fitting back into some size 16 jeans. I would LOVE to wear some nice jeans again for christmas (even though it will be boiling!).

I am really looking forward to getting back that feeling of exercising daily, loving it, enjoying it and looking forward to it! I think having the 24 hour option at my gym will help as well, if I want to go late at night or early in the morning before my own 6am shifts I can!

I am going to have a tour of the facilities Thursday night with my friend and see if we can manage a free week pass to see what it's like.

My fridge, freezer and pantry also had an overhaul today. I threw out everything that was not part of the plan. We will do our food shopping on Thursday, in the meantime, I am going to write up our meal plan.. and yes, I shall post it for all to see.

Complete honesty is the aim of this blog after all. After Thursday I may also start updating my daily 'eats'. I need to be held accountable, and the best way to do that is a food diary, on here, where anyone can see it... yikes!

So that's me signing off for now. More updates coming soon.

No comments: