Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Into it

OK, so I was SUPPOSED to post daily, but between work, my own home business and getting to the gym, there's been literally no time. My apologies.

I think from now on I will try to post as often as possible, but I am making no promises.

Straight into it! ...I went to the gym Monday and managed to convince them to give me a free 7 day pass starting on Tuesday (yay 8 free days!).

I did a good full body workout: 20 mins interval training on the treadmill, seated row, chest press, lat pull down, abductor and adductor machine(inner and outer thighs), sumo squats with a 9kg dumbbell, and tricep overhead extensions.

I ate my Choc-green smoothie for breakfast, had some nuts and banana chips mid morning, a chicken salad wrap for lunch, nuts and a can of tuna for afternoon tea and THEN...

That's when it went a little pear shaped... or should I say bacon shaped. I was craving KFC crazily for some bizarre reason, and because my partner wasn't home until late that night, I didn't want to make dinner too early SO I had 3 slices of bacon - with the fat cut off - but still.

Then a few hours later, around 6pm I made homemade low fat meatballs and rice for dinner.

Not great, but not a complete write-off, moving on.

Tuesday I went to the gym in the evening with my best friend to stop myself eating badly at that time. It mostly worked.

We did a 10 min warm up on the treadmill, then I did seated row, chest press, hamstring curl, sumo squats and crunches. Mostly because I was showing my friend some new exercises, I didn't get as much done as normal, but I still went hard and hurt by the end.

I had my choc-green smoothie for breakfast, a can of chicken and some nuts mid morning, 2 cruskits with half a can of tuna at lunch(I was in a rush to get out the door) then a chicken wrap for dinner. We were both insanely hungry still, so I settled for some pea and ham soup and an almond milk with a little choc powder to stop my cravings.

This morning I have been crazy busy with my business and then this afternoon I have the evening shift at work, so instead of going to the gym, I am going to go for a 20 minute interval walk (jog, walk, jog, walk) and do 100 - 200 sit ups when I get back.

I am not exactly clean eating so far, nearly a quarter of my food comes in cans or prepackaged, but it's much better than I was eating last week. So I'm going to stick with it, and make small changes as I go.

I refuse to count calories. Instead, I will eat healthily, a reasonable amount of protein and as many nuts, carrots, fruit and veges as I feel like.

On that note, I need to cut up a bag of carrots at some point today so they are easy to grab and eat!

I am eating too much protein at the moment, I know my own body and I know from experience that I need about 25gms of protein a day to lose weight properly. Once my carrots are done, this will definitely help. But until then, I have to watch myself.

All I have had today is half a small tub of cottage cheese, because that's all I've had time for. I will be nibbling on nuts while out and about and before work, I will be having tuna, avocado and tomato on crackers (rye cruskits).

Here is my food plan for the fortnight as promised. I haven't exactly stuck to it perfectly, and I won't be having quiche tonight as I don't have enough time to make it today, but I will take soup instead and swap quiche to another day.

I also bought new clothes, undies, more bras and I found gym pants that don't fall down! The last ones I bought, they don't make anymore, but the Michelle Bridges one active ones that go to your knees and have the pink top, stay up perfectly! I bought size 16 (normally 18) so that they stay tight, and they did! PERFECT! No muffin topping, keeps everything where it should be, even when running.

Very happy.

OK, I am off for my run now. Blog again soon!

Miss K :)

No comments: