Monday, August 19, 2013

Uphill Battle

So I am having one of those day. One of those stressful, can't seem to get anything done, feeling down kind of days.

Last week I did really great at the gym, only to eat SOMETHING bad nearly every day whether it was 1/3 of a kit kat, kfc for dinner, or a hot chocolate. The rest of the day I was good and by the end of the day I convinced myself I deserved s treat.

This is my downfall. I wont type up every single thing I ate, but lets just say, I kept my food diary for the whole week, and while I didn't feel as if I was eating badly at the time, when I look back it's all too clear where my problems lie. I'm an evening-rewarder.

I eat responsibly all day, fuelling my body with the fuel it needs and then at night, whether I had a good workout or not I want chocolate, or some other 'treat'.

I have worked out it is better for me to go to the gym at night, even though I prefer to go in the morning. I can't go every evening as I work some, but I will be doing Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evenings from now on.

All chocolate related products are now out of my house, so Yesterday I actually did really well!!

1 poached egg on 1 slice rye toast for breakfast, 4 cruskits with avocado, cottage cheese, tomato and tuna for lunch, nuts, and apple and some more cottage cheese for afternoon snack and roast chicken and veges for dinner. I also had some orange juice with dinner. I DID go hunting the cupboards for chocolate around 5pm, but because we had nothing that could satisfy me, I had a tomato cup-a-soup instead :) Crisis averted!

I am doing the same gym workout 4 times per week. A full body weights program, plus cardio and abs every day, with extra cardio on days in between weights.

I am feeling good, and despite some turmoil in my life at the moment, am still on the right track.

I am tired of starting over so I have decided not to give up in the first place.

Especially after last week. Sure I ate some things I shouldn't have, but I also built up some muscle!

I am going to weight myself on the body fat scales tomorrow to see what the difference is from the last time I weighed myself.

I will post the results asap! :)

Miss K x

No comments: